Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Moriones Festival, Marinduque

The last three years I've been planning this trip and yet every time I failed for a lot of reasons but mainly, the transportation issues.

But not this year folks!

I was lucky to have joined a photoholic group, peeps who are shutter bugs, and we braved the long 4-hour road trip and another 4-hour RORO (roll-on roll-off) sea trip. Imagine sitting next to strangers on a long road trip you just met merely hours ago.

The midnight road trip was uneventful as we're all in&out of consciousness except for quick pit stops along the way, contrary to the RORO trip which is quite a revelation. An eye-opening experience as we all try to find a square-inch real estate just to manage to stand for the next 4 hours. The ship was so full that you dare to leave your precious spot and it'll be gone. All thru the RORO trip I walked and walked up & down the ship floors trying to find my comfort zone. I finally ended up outside with front view of sheer darkness until we reached the port.

Our 4-day stay in Marinduque to witness their elaborate Moriones festival was quite an experience to say the least. Not to mention I got to meet some cool guys and gals with the same passion for photography and fun adventures as mine.


Thanks Travel Factor for a great trip.


And of course also to the photoholic group, Ned & Ting (not in the picture), Law, brother from another mother Lanskii, Bibi (Binibining Brisbane), RJ, Leyna (the travel expert), me, roommate Jay, and Jhesz(sorry you're half-out of the picture).


Cheers y'all!

No comments: